So that's 20 miles... And something has changed...

Well, 20 miles, with 3km as a warm up...

20 miles... Home to Southport, via Ormskirk...

Oh and there's a bloody great big hill from Maghull to Ormskirk, the GPS trsck shows it best... It goes on and on and on... Ok, the short sharp down was good fun - not often I'll be saying that in a run!

The changed bit? Not ever before have I got to 10km and thought, "Yes, only a half marathon to go"... When did it become only a half marathon? Have I lost the last on my marbles?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26864914 is the plot...

The thing that makes me smile is I managed to keep to the plan - 1500m run, 500m walk all the way (ok, the last 2.2km was split 1km, 200m, 1km... but I had to fit it in somehow!)

The race predictors are now saying I should be across the marathon line in 6:06... Which is grand and faster than I ever thought I could... But its temptingly close to 6 hours... Very temptingly...

Ho hum, we'll have to see... This week coming up is a 5km walk tomorrow to iron out any kinks, a good climb on Monday, 5km on Tuesday, 10km on Thursday and I need to have a think about next weekend - The Liverpool Half is the weekend over, so when do I need to start my taper???

Oh and if this happens then next weekend is 1000km weekend:-)

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…