Why I do the events I do

I was asked an interesting question by a mate at work today... Why do I pick the events I do?

It comes down to 2 or 3 things...

First will I enjoy them - yes despite all at pain, injuries, time and cost (of which more later) I do this for enjoyment and to keep myself fit and sane

Classic examples - Santa Dash, local 5 and 10 k



Second are those which are a "challenge", where its not just turn up and run but I have to plan for the training and build up to

Classic Examples - Great North Run, Liverpool, long distance walks

New example - Edinburgh Marathon, other Marathons...

Third are the ones that capture my imagination... No rhyme or reason, they just gel with my mojo...

like this one https://shine.cancerresearchuk.org/ - the idea of walking all night to do a marathon, no running allowed, just makes me smile.

I've also asked how I'm paying for all of my events - simply I'm paying for them, and my equipment (other than a couple of logo'd running vests) all of my travel and hotel costs are out of my pocket - so anything you donate goes straight to the CHF.

So what next - 2 weeks off (other than climbing Snowdon, swimming twice, climbing 3 times) and my legs are feeling a lot better. So its off to Cambridge to work out the routes for the GUCH PA awareness event in Feb - staying with good friends and seeing a town I've never seen before:-)

Why now, because to deliver a safe event for everyone we'll be checking out the locations for meeting up with each other, working out the routes of the walk, mapping these in such a way that we can clear them with the local council and police.

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes

The end of an era...

Never say Never Again... Apart from this time