Anyone know a good greasy spoon in Manchester City Centre?

That feels better! After the Liverpool Half and the walking the week after I felt like crud, and more importantly just didn't feel like getting my sorry ass up and wobbling around the streets of Liverpool.

So, a week off (well 5 days, but all in work so it felt like a full week) 10.5km (a quater-thon, apparently) jog to a mates to help drive some poles in (think Stonehenge), dig out a water butt (without killing the frog) and generally potter... Apart from random comments, potentially smutty, about my stamina no one got hit by the pole driver, the frog survive intact - and I had pie and chips bought for me:-)
Today was a nice gentle 5 miles, with the gang I run with of a lunchtime, sole objective to get round and feel reasonable good about it... Which I did:-)

I'm also climbing well, which always helps my psyche... And even got a 1/3rd of a way up a constant overhang wall... Ok if I hadn't gone the wrong way and hanged around for 5min working out which way to go I'd have got further, but its a start:-)

Tomorrow is a break day, Thursday I go for my first sports massage - just to loosen off the legs and then Saturday night I'm doing this:A nice gentle 26.2 miles, around the streets of Manchester, NO RUNNING ALLOWED! We're set off at 10pm, so I should be finishing about 6am on Sunday... Greasy Spoon? Anyone?

TTFN

Paul

Comments

  1. Oo that sounds pleasant Paul - no running allowed. Enjoy.

    My legs are tad sore this week too. We did Helm Crag to Far Easedale on Monday and Helvellyn (by the non-technical route ie straight up) on Tuesday. Visibility at the top was about 25 ft. Don't you just hate it when that happens? All that effort for no view. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…