Day 2 - there will be wall...

Well, the legs still work...

I started later than I like, I much prefer being up and out and walking by about 8, but getting to Wallsend & the queue in the post office to post my GNR stuff back to myself saw to that...

Hey Ho...

Day 1 is a stroll along the Tyne - the classic views of the bridges and then near silence... After Newcastle it gets quiet, miles go by with only the of cyclist or jogger passing by.

When I left the Tyne, and climbed to Heddon on the wall I'm afraid my bladder dictated a direct route to the pub rather than a detour to the wall remains there... Then it's undulations for what seems like every, the flights going into Newcastle airport my slightly noisy companions... The archeology is mostly lumps & bumps, with the occasional shaped stone appearing. Good enough to look at, not enough to take a photo of...

The pub can't be praised enough - I've never been confronted with two courses I couldn't finish... The nachos were larger than a sharing platter, and the gammon was huge... I'm almost hoping they tone it down for breakfast! Anyone thinking of doing Hadrian's wall, of just visiting could do worse than looking at robin hood inn:-)

Time to pack... & eat

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…