Prepping for a 24 tape, and suspecting I may not be normal...

Well, not often I've felt I've had to slow myself down, reminding myself that this was just meant to be a solid, long, slow run... And I still ran my 3rd fastest half marathon distance:-)

What's really pleasing is that my legs felt good all the way through, I was able to vary my pace nicely, my drinking and fueling strategy worked and the new trainers and shorts worked like a dream...

So now we taper down the runs, next weekend will be 10miles the one after that the Manchester 10km and inbetween nice 5km and 5 miles.... Including a possibly unusual approach to a 24h ECG tape...

As I mentioned back in March my cardiologist wants a 24h tape done, mainly cos its been a while a long while... So the plan is go and get wired up, ask for extra strong tape, and then explain why...

I'll be climbing after work on the Wednesday, which as well as the physical exertion has been known to worry some cardiologists as its static loading and stretching across my chest... Then after a wash down (no showers or baths allowed - might fry the electronics) and a good nights sleep I'll jog back to Broadgreen and hand it back after a 5 miler... Then I soak in the bath:-)

So picture the scenes in the ECG clinic of Thursday... Me hot and sweaty after a 5 mile run, in my shorts and CHF top waiting for the technicians to unwire me...

Am I normal? ;-)

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…