Progress... A tail of three Mad Dogs

I love the Mad Dog 10k...

It's early enough in the year that I don't put myself under too much pressure... And at just the right point to give me an indication for the half, full and Ultra's to come.

It's also a crackingly well organised run, all for charity as well!!!


The Garmin does provide some simple analyticals - and when I look across the years I smile, and frown...

The smile, I'm quicker than I was last year. 

The frown - if I'd run the last 2km of last year I'd have been knocking on the door of a PB... Bugger... However, by that point I'd had to stop to drink and eat... Running with a blocked nose may be possible, and up to 5km seemed good (hell a 30min 5km is good!)... Trying to drink, and run at the same time, is not such a good idea... I did wheeze, and I did try and breathe water, and I did go red!

Ho hum...

Positives - I was faster than last year... It was cold, I had a cold, I finished and I got a cracking t-shirt and stunning medal:

 
 
 
Right enough navel gazing, I've a half marathon in Cambridge to get ready for, and an offroad marathon... Both in March... Hmmmm....
 
TTFN
 
Paul 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes

The end of an era...

It’s been awhile…