but for a bottle... My home half...

The Liverpool half...

My home half...

Running through streets I've staggered through (we do go past the brewery), past 2 of my old flats (one still looks burned out - nothing to do with me!), around 2 parks I learnt to jog around, and then down to a front I've walked along countless times...

I set out with no great intention to run a PB, despite an office joke bet, but I wanted a reasonable time (when did getting around stop being enough?) for me. At 5 miles a PB was on, the 1st couple of miles are a pig, a long slow incline followed by a short sharp hill, while I'm not warmed up so hitting 61 min was a woo hoo moment:-) 10k was 76min, again within 60s of a PB pace... then I trod on a discarded water bottle (with its lid on, so it didn't squish) and jarred my foot sideways. Couple of hundred metres later I felt a twinge in my Achilles.

So became stop start, jog slowly until I got a twinge then walk a bit, then jog a bit... For the last 6k, slowly watching mini-me on my Garmin go backwards from a couple of hundred metres in front of target, to over a kilometer behind...

So, 2:48:50 according to the chip, I finally got a T-Shirt at the end... and truly strange goody bag - I got 2 wet wipes and a loo roll... It's a travel loo roll so will be going coast to coast with me, but its a loo roll (where was the food!!!)

But apart from the ankle a good run, I felt in control all the way... I also raised a fair chunk of cash for the Paul Strickland Scanner Appeal, who are helping a friend at work fight his cancer - http://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Willgoss

Garmin is being a pain uploading my data, so the full monty of data will have to wait... Meanwhile I've got my foot up with a bag of peas on it!

EDIT:22:09 Garmin finally worked




TTFN

P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…