The Hospital Run...


Same course...

Same kit (close enough anyway)...

Same hydration...

Same fuelling strategy...

Same result - 13 miles run...

After being nervous as hell, it was a bit of an anticlimax - I went out and ran a good time yesterday (it was my 7th fastest 13 miler then)... 2:41...

It's now my 8th fastest, as my run today (2:34) is my third fastest:-D

The main thing I'm pleased about is I can move - I pottered around town this afternoon, I freely admit stairs weren't an easy option, but were done.  Yes, I'm wearing a full length pair of skins, but there's only tightness and no pain:-)

My new trainers are working well, the slight niggling pain in my ankle is fading nicely, they soak up the impact of my thumping the miles out well and do seem to glide well over the various terrains I deliberately have thrown at them (paths, tarmac, loose stones, slidely mossy tarmac... One of the reasons I did this route).

For those who like symbolism (and possibly irony) the route is my Heart Hospital special - Alder Hey Children's followed by The Liverpool Chest and Heart... Neither have an A&E (well Alder Hey's is for kids only) so if I has busted an ankle it wouldn't have helped - but it does bring a smile to my face:-)

Part I



Part II

So that's the latest brutaliser done... This week is a little bit of recovery, the paralympics, a trip to the New Forest... and an essay to write for my OU course.

TTFN

Paul



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…