Going at the Speed of Light...

Putting one foot in front of the other, day after day, week after week can I have to admit get a little stale... Scrap that, it can bore the pants off anyone.

Some of my friends run the same route, the same way every time they go out... I'd be gibbering in a week... I hate laps... I need change, variety...

So I pepper any years worth of running with the exotic, the unusual and the new.

When I get really lucky I combine all three...

Which is what Sunday night was...

Trail running... At night... Up, along, around, down and up Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh... while wearing a radio-controlled suit of LEDs... and performing in a live show for the punters on the opposite hill.

Madness?  Yes, but my kind of madness:-D

The trailer gives you an idea... The walkers with their self powered light staves watching from the hill as the runners do a range of things...

Walk...

Run...

while trying to keep 10m apart...

Then high 5 to the runners either side...

Then zombie...

And improv... The Macerana (Hey Macerana!) led by Claire, one of the other runners, by a dozen runners in their light suits is a sight and a memory that will live long in my mind, and I hope others too.

It wasn't a long run, but doing it at night on wet slippy mud, whilst performing made it not easy.  Not hard, and we'd had plenty of warning to wear decent off road/trail shoes.

All too soon, my time was done and I handed over an apologetically hot and sweaty suit to the second Red 2...

If I was able to get back to Edinburgh I'd want to run it again, and do the walking thing! But other runs, and that pesky thing the day job, get in the way.

However, 900 miles in a year came up on the flanks of Arthur's Seat - so thank you NVA, and Moira and Andrew... For being exotic, unusual and new... and most especially a hell of a laugh:-)


So, tomorrow its off to Up & Running to pick up my gear as one of their Charity runners (thanks guys:-)) and a sports massage... which will hurt!

So TTFN, and feel sorry for those in my office - I do scream!

Paul







   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…