Jubilee Weekend Blogging pt 3 of 3

So the weekend is over...

A weekend of pomp and pageantry...

And an anniversary for me, of meeting The Queen... Nice when you can name drop like that:-)

Two years (and a few days ago) I received my MBE, in a day I'll never forget.  She is iconic, majestic and incredibly short... The real reason we're told to only bow from the neck, isn't a question of respect, but because if I'd bowed from the waist I'd have headbutted the Head of State...

Never assume that she never smiles, she radiated charm and calmed down all who stood before her that day.  And every day she meets people.

And yes the republicans will moan, and yes they have some small points. But every country without a monarch invest something else instead... with a variety of trappings to go with the post and significant dates.

So, as I said at the time in response to the challenge of what I'd do next... I've carried on, awareness has been raised in strange places, questions have been asked in high, and low, places.  And hours have been put in, so many hours - the West Coast Line (the train from Liverpool to London) is my friend, I know every turn, I instinctively know when we're not going as fast as we should be, when the train doesn't feel right...

I'm not sure if I'm doing enough, but I'm still trying... Taking my mix of deep cynicism and passion out wherever I can, and trying to improve things.

Part of that is challenging myself, and this year the target is 2012km, 1250miles... and today I clocked up 600 miles, with a stroll out from Chester to Saltney (and back) and then a trip around the walls of Chester, an old favourite.

And old favourites lead to new challenges - in 12 days I'll have just finished the Great Trail Run, a half marathon with hills, big hills... That should take me well over half way... Let's hope so:-D

TTFN

Paul

ps lets see what the new toy can do....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…