navel gazing about running

with apologies to the excellent book by Haruki Murakami...

I think when I run,

my little grey cells order, and reorder my existence...

I practice difficult conversations, I finesse easier ones...

I try any work out time and distance, and fail miserably so just look at my watch...

I mentally test my body, is that niggly ankle better or worse than it should be, is my dodgy hip just being dodgy or being a genuine pain (oh yeah, and I keep an eye on the heart rate... )

I also wonder whether there is anything else I can do... Frequent readers will know that I'm not without the odd health blip, but in comparison with too many of my friends absolutely nothing major.

I don't always get answers, but I do get to frame more interesting questions to ask myself when I'm doing the contemplative thing...

which brings me to what inspired this navel gazing post... Mooching around Manchester's selection of running & walking shops one of the shop assistants asked me which outdoor activity I enjoyed most... and why...

Long distance (multi-day) walking is my favorite, but my second could be running... and I don't think I'd realised that until I was asked today...

Oh crap, does that make me a runner?

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…