2011 - The Exercise Plan

I don't like New Year, I normally hate it - and tend to spend the evening with friends of similar views having a few too many and eating too much (so not that different from the traditional!)...

Last year was the exception, and I imagine that around the country there are plenty who are almost exploding with not being able to tell anyone that they're going to the Palace...

What I do is look forward and plan my exercising year in some detail... Partly cos I have to, and partly because I am driven by targets (and as a good friend would say by the pat on the head I get occasionally for doing things)...

So...

Jan - Begin to learn how to lead climb, pick up the running again, do section 4 of the Leeds to Liverpool Canal

Feb - Southport Mad Dog 10k, GUCH PA Awareness Walk in Leeds, Section 3 of the L2L

Mar - Liverpool Half Marathon, start the resistance training for the big walk - inc a weighted (that's a full backpack inc tent, clothing and food and water) Section 4 L2L, start doing long walks (20mile plus)

April - carry on with the big walks, find some big hills, revise my night navigation and do a proper gear check... The L2L continues through the year, I'm leading the gang from work the whole 127 miles...

May - start the taper, before the Fellsman - 62 miles over the Yorkshire Dales http://www.fellsman.org.uk/doku.php?id=event:route

End May - June - The big one - The Coast 2 Coast - Wainwright's Classic - 190 miles, and the main awareness raising event of the year - http://walkingforheartkids.blogspot.com/2010/11/not-so-much-blog-post-as-call-to-arms.html

July - Normally a quiet month... I don't tolerate heat well... Unfortunately, its when my Marathon training should start.... Yup another one, I must be mad!

August - More training...

September - Great North Run - one of my favourite runs, 50,000 people going out and having fun:-)

October - The Liverpool Marathon - its new incarnation, don't know the route yet...

November - I'm 40... I will find something suitable to celebrate...

December - Santa Dash... It's only 5km, but its a lot of fun...

On top of this there'll be 3 outings for the GUCH Walking Club (www.guchwalkingclub.org.uk), the full time job and anything else that crops up... Good job I like being busy!

Time to hit the sales for my favourite running shoes I think:-)

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…