Plodding with purpose

May...

Hot May...

Bloody hot May...

I warn people about the headwind on the Prom during the Liverpool Half Marathon and Marathon... now I have to warn them about when its not there, four miles of baking heat watching the end point apparently not getting closer... But the half was done, 10 min slower than target, but as I may have mentioned it was hot.   That was the middle run of the weekend - with the 5k on the Saturday and the mile straight after the half - all in costume, with Jiminy in matching pairs - Harry & Meghan and then Cap to my Hulk...





As ever the medals were awesome... and the beer was free:-)




The rest of the month has been interesting too...

A good solid run at the Walton Park 5 miles - I had a plan and I stuck to it, plodding out the KMs one at a time until the number reached 8 and then got the decent medal, with integrated bottle opener, and towel..

Then in change of pace a trip to the Peak, taking Jiminy to my favourite hills for the first time, to take part in an art installation.... well night hike along the Great Ridge to support the BMC Mend the Mountains campaign...


I've also started doing a little bit of Parkrun tourism and instead of being at home and doing Crosby went to Highbury Fields... and it is a bit different, the important things are the same - friendly people facilitating a 5k at their own pace - and that pace varied a lot.  With six small hills, in five loops of a small park I freely and happily admit I was lapped... the speediest bollocks lapped me twice once at 800m and once at 1500m... and I plodded on, keeping to my walk run strategy and bringing in a Parkrun PB :-)

So, off to another Parkrun this weekend - to celebrate a friends ton of park runs - I'm only at 5... so a few more to go:-)

The important thing about the runs this month is the structure of my runs, and I'm getting out two or three times a week.  Plodding is where I am, and I'm beginning to do it with a smile...

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…