Time for a Rocky Style Training Montage...

After the disaster of my anniversary walk (two bikes in 30 min clipping me, more a precautionary stop than critical, but anti-inflammatories were needed) the time has come to knuckle down and do what I do well...

Start following the plan

Sixteen weeks to Cambridge, a training programme based around three runs a week (with extras for fun, and some long distance walks), the static bike work will continue (apart from anything else the stress relief is great from the combination of shortish intense work & an episode of something daft off amazon prime), the diet will have to improve, as will the hydration... The climbing will help with the core, and I've a sub-plan for what I want to achieve going vertical...

Why follow a plan? Partly its reassurance that its something I've done - though normally for marathons. So this is going to be fun, a lighter training load overlaid on the endurance I've retained should be good.

I'm also, for exercise, am fairly target orientated.  I use the plan to bully myself, I know I could walk a half-marathon now, but to run and enjoy it needs those miles in.  To run, and get close to my PB, I will need to train hard.

I'll be pre-empting the injuries - so the right foot will be strapped from the beginning, the orthopaedics are in the shoes, the compression leggings are ready for action.  The body glide is there on the side, the collection of running tops (no sleeve, short sleeve, long sleeve, thin gilet, wind proof, full water proof) are there for the inevitable weather changes.  I'll probably need a new pair of trainers about January, and some of my shorts and leggings are getting a bit worn... Oh dear, more gear shopping!

So, I apologise if my facebook & twitter feeds start getting (more) boring, this is about getting in the groove. 

It's also going to be a 16 week Rocky style training montage...

Adriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane........

or something like that ;-)

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…