London Week 16 - It's the Final Countdown...

Apologies, I do like Hair Metal / Poodle Rock...

So I'm here, 6 days and counting... Nigh on 500km run in training (will be clicked over on Tuesday morning), two pairs of trainers, more body lube than I think I want to think about...

The training has been good - only a couple of runs dropped from the schedule, and I've been nailing the pace I wanted almost every run.  Yes, a 4h dead 20 miler would've been nice but 4:04 will do. Especially given compared with previous years worth of marathon training is a PB of 15 and a half min :-D

My taperitis is fading, usual niggles - left ankle, why?  It'll fade, I'll be fine... The smog scare did make me wheeze a bit, and looking back at the data it looks like some of the hard races coincided with bad days... Another bit of data - is useful?  I'm not sure, but it's something to watch...

This week included a proper fun run - the people behind the Liverpool Rock and Roll Marathon now how to put the fun into marathon training, a 5km with glow in the dark face and body paint, free food (always a bonus) and a decent t-shirt!  On this basis the marathon is going to be a joy to take part in!

And so it's the Final Countdown... a two mile stretch, a five mile tempo run and then to London.  A trip to an Expo at least 10 times the size of anything I've been too before.  I'll be nervously reading the instruction book at least 5 times a day, and generally start loading the carbs...

If you wish to track me it should be possible through this link (on the day) VLM with race number 1212

So wish me luck, it's been a six year countdown...

TTFN

Paul



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…