London Week 15 - Taperitis, feel the power of my mind & going steady

Well it happened, 5 days into the taper and it hit... Taperitis... Grade 2... No running, eat loads, throw a migraine in there for fun, and generally feel like I've run a marathon a day for 3 days (and yes I do know what that feels like)...

One skipped run, a lot of calories eaten (not sensible ones either) and a general feeling that if this is psychosomatic then I have a hellishly powerful brain... So, as ever eliminate the impossible and whatever is left, however improbable, is often the solution... Drinks lots and take the tablets for the headache, take the hayfever tablets (cheery trees I hate you), try and eat a good mix (why is when you're ill there is nothing as good as a chilli burger, with chilli fries) and hold on tight because I know I will come out of it...

The plan for today's run was a) get out there and do it b) keep as close to 12 min miles g pit stop...

And it wasn't easy running that controlled at that pace, the desire to stretch the legs out and do the miles faster... But that's not the name of the game for the next couple of runs - go steady, keep it controlled focus on the big one... Ok, the first of the big ones.

The second, the Fellsman, is in mental prep - the rucksack is getting filled with gear, jacket & trousers are proofed and 50 safety pins bought... I will not fail scrutiny this year.

The Third, the Rock and Roll Liverpool Marathon is covered by this marathon training plan - after the Fellsman I rest for one week and then repeat the last three weeks of this training plan... However, the RRLM people are helping this week, with a night jog around Sefton Park - apart from anything else I'm a sucker for a free t-shirt! A shift of my training from a morn to an evening won't do any harm and it'll be nice to run with people rather than on my own.  The only thing I have to watch - its a 5KM training run, NOT A BLAT!!!!  That comes later...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…