The no pressure run

I've done everything I hoped to on two feet this year already, 2012 was the year of the pb - 10% off every one,  apart from the marathon where it was 'only' 5%...

2013 has been about going long, as long as I thought I could go and then the next day, and the day after that... I've only got one pb... 5 miles,  painfully close to my dream time of under 50min, but still a shade to go.

Top 5 5ks,  second fastest 10k and way back in the snow of Cambridge my second fastest half Marathon...

So,  it's back to Newcastle.  Where all of this running stuff began,  a course that I used to consider hilly (!) and the friendliest people on a course you could want.  This is the run I suggest for non-runners, for those who want to say I've done a half and no more, and those who've never done a big run.  It's not perfect, sometimes it's a long way from that but by hell is fun!

So,  no pressure. My 'speed' work has consisted of 3 fairly speedy for me 5ks, and 2 8:32 miles... Apart from that, 20 & 11 miles in the Peak don't really count.

So,  race strategy...  If the weather is at forecast,  wet,  windy & chilly then it's pedal to the metal and hope my endurance carries me through... If hot then I may just tuck in and enjoy the experience...

See you on the other side

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes

The end of an era...

An international adventure…