Halfway through challenge 25 - Approximations of a challenge...

It's almost half way through 2013, therefore it's time for an update on Challenge 25...

There's some assumptions to be made - pretty robust ones, and ones that'll tend to an underestimate, so I'm happy with that.

In a normal sedentary day I do 5 km.  I've taken this from my Fitbit, and on the 5 or 6 sedentary days I've day this seem consistent whether its a day welded to my desk or just pottering around the shops.

My Fitbit underestimates the distance I walk by about 5% and overestimates runs by 5% - so we'll call that evens (even though it'll count against my total distance as I walk more than I run).

I've worn my Fitbit almost everyday since I got it - except the weeks it was lost - again an tendency to underestimate as I lost it on a 10 mile trail run, on weekend which also had a hill walk and a shorter hill run...

If you look at My Fitbit profile you should be able to find my lifetime distance - today (at the moment, I've a stroll to go on yet tonight) listed as 2329km... I need to take off 180 x 5 km (900 km) = 1429km and then divide it by 26 (half a year... )= 54km a week...

Yippee!!!! 54km a week is where I need to be - 25 miles is 40km, and I'm rolling out at an average of 33 miles a week. 

It's not been easy, trust me its not been easy and I've walked more than I would want to and run less than I wanted to... However, I'm happy. If my maths is correct!

The next couple of weeks will help define my running year - I've a 30 mile ultra in the Peak District and then my insanity... 100 miles in 3 and a half days. 

That legendary Willgossian stubbornness and quickness of recovery is going to be needed. 

So wish me luck...

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…