Back to Basics

Ok,

it's time...

Time to get my lardy arse into action. 

Yup, I've been doing a lot of walking. Yup, I've done a fair distance.  Nope, I've not look after what's gone in as well as I have done in the recent past. Yup, I've used every excuse in the book.

Yup, I'm heavier than I should be and its affecting my climbing.

So, the solution is simple.

Go back to what work - a lighter diet, and switch back to running.

And not to beat myself up - this isn't scourging and purification, this is sensible eating and increasing the output.

Every little bit helps.

And I'm not beating myself up - this hasn't (yet) been a year of PBs - 2012 was remarkable for that.  But I have run a 5 mile PB, and my second fastest half marathon. 

And I have had fun in the Peak District, walking in full on winter conditions, walking in half on winter conditions, night hikes and boggy slogs.  When I go back, it'll be to toughen up for the Peak Ultra I'll be doing in 9 weeks. 

Before then, I've miles to go.  May is traditionally the month I head to the hills for a week - so this year its Scotland, the Great Glen Way and a couple of days in and around Fort William. 

So, a gentle 5km jogged today.  A very gentle 10 miles tomorrow, and slowly the runner will be back.

TTFN

Paul



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes

The end of an era...

Never say Never Again... Apart from this time