A third way in, a third done

I set myself a challenge, 2012 km in a year - a nice round 1250 miles.

That's 250 more miles than I've done in a year before...

And we're 4 months in so time for a review and a tally up...

It's been the finest 4 months running I think I've ever had.

The MadDog 10k took 2 min out of my PB for that distance

The Knowsley Harriers Saturday 5 km took 2 min out of my PB for that...

The day after that I took 5 min off my 25km PB

I've done 3 PB's for 5 miles taking a total of 5 min off...

My last long training run was a 15min pb over 20 miles

and last week I went out for what was going to be a gentle half marathon distance trot... The first half I barely looked at my watch and when I did I was running at PB pace... So may have decided that nothing ventured means nothing gained and took 6 min off that PB.  2:30:31 for a half marathon, is close (32s close) to a challenge I set myself years ago...

Throw in the insane delights of the Excalibur Marathon and all of the training; the runs, walks, gym work and the total for the year is looking is looking good - 721km, so just over the third of 2012 I need. That's 448 miles:-D

So, despite the scares following on from mis-measured MRIs, the lay offs due to colds and minor niggles (who would've thought that a cracked heel can be so painful) all is looking good for Belfast.

Someone asked me why I chose Belfast over another spring Marathon, and the answer is I don't know - I didn't get into London (again!), I've done Edinburgh and didn't fancy Manchester... Belfast is a city I love  and easy to get to.

So the carry-on bag is getting packed, the weather forecast being scanned, the just giving site being promoted (http://www.justgiving.com/fallotsrunner) and fingers crossed I'll be looking at another PB... But the main thing is to get around, and enjoy it...

TTFN

Paul



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…