Nope, I'm not going to change...

There's been a bit of a debate on Facebook... that's debate as in "debate".

Basically, a GUCH has suggested that me putting up my adventures may make other GUCHs who aren't as healthy as me feel bad. And that in some way I'm letting them down by not admitting my frailties...

The debate is here, and as you'll see I got angry at the suggestion I never say how hard things are... http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150256757410960&id=634670959&notif_t=feed_comment

I've been told this before, and I rejected it then and I reject it now.

I enjoy what I do, as I've said this blog will be honest and those who've read most of the posts will have seen the runs that didn't go to plan, shared in my successes (both on my feet and in other areas) and seen the days when all I've wanted to do is curl up in a ball and cry and wish my friends were alive, healthy and well.

If I was just a running/climbing/sporty GUCH and only posted about that then I might feel some doubt about it, but I also work hard to make sure all of those affected by CHD get the lives they deserve... My work with GUCH PA and Children's Heart Federation, my more generic work on disability issues in the workplace all underpin what I do for fun!

But it very hard to make a blog about a meeting interesting, or explain how you've read a 100 page document and maybe made 3 changes that will help us all...

Which brings me back to the simple fact that I enjoy what I do, and sharing it with my friends, if friends don't like that then they are are liberty to unfriend me, or not follow me on twitter.

TTFN

Paul

ps my blisters are slowly healing, the big one on the heel burst last night in a messy way...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…