an itch to be scratched...

well it lasted a clear 36 hours...

The GNR was my last planned run, nothing else had been looked into, nothing else booked...

All I had to look forward to was the Fellsman (60 miles in 24h over the Yorkshire Dales), and the Coast-2-Coast you'll all be hearing about next year. And I've been having a motivation problem...

I've trained and run a marathon, it was hotter than ideal so I was slower than I could be... This years GNR was done on the marathon training, a hell of a lot of walking and a dozen 5kms and a 10km... that's it 1 10km... and I ran at PB pace for a half-marathon.

So what's the itch, the heat... And the change in me that I don't just want to any run, I want to do runs that I find interesting or amusing...

Which is why I've been getting excited about a New Years Eve Marathon up and down the side of the Mersey... Its part of a double, so the idea for some people is to do a marathon either side of the festivities... Sorry guys, I may be mad but some marbles remain... So New Years Eve it will be:-)

So time to get back on the programme, book in some sessions with the sports masseuse, and work out a training plan...

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…